Problem I don't know what to do about!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MDB in SE La

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Hammond
I need some tech advise.....hope this won't be too long.....here goes.

My elderly uncle(84) had Dish installed at his house back during winter 8 or 9 months ago. I visit him off and on about once or twice a month, I don't live in his city. I just found out last weekend that he has cable because I ask how come his Dish picture isn't as clear as mine and he said it's cable that the Dish won't work when the trees bloom. I just about came unglued. I know that he has many trees in his yard and facing the SE sky he doesn't have an unobstructed view of the SE sky. He had the satellite installed in Jan or Feb when leaves weren't on the trees and he told me that he had cable turned back on in Mar or April and will turn cable back off in Dec or Jan. That utterly shocked me. I have several questions....first off, I'm surprised that he had Dish to start with but I'm also surprised that the tech installed it and left it if he knew that when the trees bloomed that the leaves would block the signal, if that is what is happening. Second, my uncle still pays his monthly bill to Dish. He doesn't think there is anything wrong with this setup. I told him he shouldn't have Dish at all if he can't get it year long or the tech couldn't find a spot even further away than where the dish is located 200 feet of coax, I think. Any tech agree with me, another question is would it make any difference if he paid extra for a bigger dish, or one that might have more signal capturing ability. I'm assuming that bigger dishes loose signal less than smaller dishes, so would that help, shooting through the trees.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm his closest living relative and he has always been independant but this, I think was a mistake and I feel that he was taken advantage of. Am I wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

" I'm assuming that bigger dishes loose signal less than smaller dishes, so would that help, shooting through the trees."

No, a bigger dish won't help. If there is obstruction for the signal, you just won't get the signal.

yeah, if he is still paying for it... just have him call dish and say he has no signal... and continue to call until they either fix it, or they MAY eventually drop his contract

Thanks guys. I told him what I wanted to do was to call Dish and tell them he wasn't getting a signal and he told me that was normal that the CS told him that was normal when trying to go through trees several months ago so he just resigned to pay both for Dish and cable. I'm furious about that. He said he made an agreement and he'll just have to continue paying until 12 months are up. He is a little bit hardheaded so guess he's already paid 6 or 7 months for nothing, guess another 2 or 3 months won't hurt if he's hardheaded enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)