problem in using tv as a monitor

rakib

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
i hve an old model sony tv wich has ony input of yellow cable . my cpu has a s video output. i used a 8 pin converter to have display of cpu in tv . but there was no display . i also customized the option of my graphic card. plz help

is this a laptop or desktop? you have to make sure you set it to the correct output, i would also move your resolution on your computer as far down as it will go...

Did anyone in here read the OPs post?? The OP stated his video card has an S-Video output. S-Video is 480i only, so if the video card that output, it will downrez whatever resolution the computer is set to to 480i. My old sony is currently hooked up and working on S-video with the resolution set to 1024x768.

to the OP: what model video card is it? many older ATI video cards (and possibly others as well, but ATI is what I have always used) have an S-Video connector, but they will output composite with the correct cable connected.

it is nvidia geforce 8400. the loading of xp and bios can be seen in tv. but as soon as the window is loaded the display is disappeared. but when i click in my mouse the desktop is seen for a glance. i dont think my tv has composite input. can u help me?

have you tried loading windows in safe mode ? Then when loaded, do you see the desktop ?
I believe that will be at 640x480 and then that will let you know what resolution you
need.

safe mode for Windows XP and vista

• turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts