No display of cpu in my tv while using it as a monitor

rakib

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
I have a 21 inches sony tv that has only rca input. My cpu has s video output. I used a s video to rca converter to connect my cpu with my tv. I configured my pci options correctly . When i use my tv as monitor. In start up the display of loading of xp is appeared . But as soon as the windows is loaded there is no display of desktop it tv. When i click the nvidia control panel a glance of desktop is appeard for less of a second. My pci is NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400. it is of 256 mega with shader 3. i want to use my tv as a monitor. is it possible ? please help.................

I have a 21 inches sony tv that has only rca input. My cpu has s video output. I used a s video to rca converter to connect my cpu with my tv. I configured my pci options correctly . When i use my tv as monitor. In start up the display of loading of xp is appeared . But as soon as the windows is loaded there is no display of desktop it tv. When i click the nvidia control panel a glance of desktop is appeard for less of a second. My pci is NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400. it is of 256 mega with shader 3. i want to use my tv as a monitor. is it possible ? please help.................

Change your video settings on your pc to 480, and 60HZ refresh rate. that's probably all your older tv can handle. See if that works, if so, that's what you'll have to continue to use when hooked to this tv, until you upgrade to a HD tv set that can handle higher settings