Intel to launch Core i7 Nov 17th

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
TG Daily - Intel to launch Core i7 Nehalem processors on November 17

Santa Clara (CA) - Intel is set to introduce its next-generation micro-architecture with the Core i7 processors, previously code-named Nehalem, at a media and analyst event on November 17 in San Francisco.

The vent runs under the headline of “the fastest processor on the planet” and will feature three different quad-core (Bloomfield) models: The 2.66 GHz Core i7 920 will aim for the sub-$1000 class of PCs, the 2.93 GHz Core i7 940 for substantially more expensive PCs in the $1500-$2000 range and the 3.2 Ghz 965 Extreme Edition at enthusiast PCs.

The tray prices of these CPUs are $999 for the Extreme Edition, $562 for the 940 and $284 for the 920. Expect retail prices for these processors to be at least 10-15% higher.

i see this here and saw it in CNET.com too

I wants to get a new computer around XMAS because holiday price an all... But now I gonna wait then , Now with this new chip and early next year they come up with “window 7” all new stuffs. then I gonna purchase one new computer ..COOL

Yeah I will probally get one as well put Vista on it then might go to Windows 7. Either way sounds like a great CPU..

I'll wait until teh Corei7 launches and then the previous model processors drop in price and I'll get one of those older processors :)

Being on the bleeding edge of technology usually just makes you bloody.

Yeah, same here. I use a Core2Duo and it suits me just fine.

I really don't have a reason to get a Quad Core CPU, let alone one that requires a new motherboard and new RAM.

Yeah, same here. I use a Core2Duo and it suits me just fine.

I really don't have a reason to get a Quad Core CPU, let alone one that requires a new motherboard and new RAM.

Yep, my AMD Athlon64 FX processor, 3GB of RAM and the ATI Radeon HD 3870 w/ 1GB of dedicated RAM run absolutely EVERYTHING I throw at it perfectly. And as Cparker said so well above; I have no desire or need to be bloodied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts