Intel to launch Core i7 Nov 17th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
TG Daily - Intel to launch Core i7 Nehalem processors on November 17

Santa Clara (CA) - Intel is set to introduce its next-generation micro-architecture with the Core i7 processors, previously code-named Nehalem, at a media and analyst event on November 17 in San Francisco.

The vent runs under the headline of “the fastest processor on the planet” and will feature three different quad-core (Bloomfield) models: The 2.66 GHz Core i7 920 will aim for the sub-$1000 class of PCs, the 2.93 GHz Core i7 940 for substantially more expensive PCs in the $1500-$2000 range and the 3.2 Ghz 965 Extreme Edition at enthusiast PCs.

The tray prices of these CPUs are $999 for the Extreme Edition, $562 for the 940 and $284 for the 920. Expect retail prices for these processors to be at least 10-15% higher.

i see this here and saw it in CNET.com too

I wants to get a new computer around XMAS because holiday price an all... But now I gonna wait then , Now with this new chip and early next year they come up with “window 7” all new stuffs. then I gonna purchase one new computer ..COOL

Yeah I will probally get one as well put Vista on it then might go to Windows 7. Either way sounds like a great CPU..

I'll wait until teh Corei7 launches and then the previous model processors drop in price and I'll get one of those older processors :)

Being on the bleeding edge of technology usually just makes you bloody.

Yeah, same here. I use a Core2Duo and it suits me just fine.

I really don't have a reason to get a Quad Core CPU, let alone one that requires a new motherboard and new RAM.

Yeah, same here. I use a Core2Duo and it suits me just fine.

I really don't have a reason to get a Quad Core CPU, let alone one that requires a new motherboard and new RAM.

Yep, my AMD Athlon64 FX processor, 3GB of RAM and the ATI Radeon HD 3870 w/ 1GB of dedicated RAM run absolutely EVERYTHING I throw at it perfectly. And as Cparker said so well above; I have no desire or need to be bloodied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts