Problem recording two OTA programs at the same time.

JeffN9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Oregon, WI.
Last night I had timers set to record Grey's Anatomy and The Office at the same time on my 922. I had ABC(Grey's) tuned in at the time but the receiver switched to NBC(Office). We decided to watch Grey's while it was recording so I switched back to ABC. There was no warning screen or anything but when we tried to watch The Office later only a minute or so had been recorded. It appeared that the recording stopped when I switched back to ABC. The Wife was not happy about possibly not seeing Steve Carell's last Office appearance but fortunately we also had it set to record on the 211 DVR.

What did I do wrong? Has anyone else experienced something like this before?

I would assume that you were using the sat and OTA feed only on tuner one by accident or something. That's beside the point though. The solution is this, if your watching the office live on OTA and flip to change the channel Greys what you ate doing is creating a need for a 3rd hd OTA feed which is not possible. If you want to watch it you need to go into your dvr and start watching Greys from there( from the beginning of the episode) make since? Sorry for the long explanation but i have to do that on mine.

I would assume that you were using the sat and OTA feed only on tuner one by accident or something. That's beside the point though. The solution is this, if your watching the office live on OTA and flip to change the channel Greys what you ate doing is creating a need for a 3rd hd OTA feed which is not possible. If you want to watch it you need to go into your dvr and start watching Greys from there( from the beginning of the episode) make since? Sorry for the long explanation but i have to do that on mine.

Ok, so what you are saying is that the only way you can watch one of the recording OTA programs is to go into the dvr and watch it from there. I guess that I'm not quite clear on the 3rd OTA feed thing but I can certainly live with doing it that way. I'm surprised there was no warning screen telling me that I was about to abort one of the recordings. I'm also not sure what you meant by the tuner one thing. I have the receiver set for single mode and shared view. The 922 feeds HD to two tv's(component and HDMI) and rf sd to a third.

I've noticed that this receiver is very buggy when it comes to recording things on OTA. I've had situations where I'm using both OTA tuners and one or both SAT tuners and weird this happen. Sometime the receiver will stay on one of the OTA channels when I switch to the other one, but the banner shows the info for the channel I switched to. I've learned to do the same thing. If I'm recording things, I just go to my DVR listings and "Start Over" on the show I want to watch. Even if the recording is just a few seconds into recording, I never hit "Live TV." I've also learned that if the receiver starts acting up during OTA recording, just leave it be until the recordings are done. I usually just watch something else on my DVR until it is finished recording.

I noticed some similar odd behavior last night while trying to record my local news. The Stanley Cup hockey game ran over into the news time so I tried to cancel the recording. Pressing the stop button didn't seem to do anything. I tried then to change to a different channel and for a moment it seemed as though the hockey game was on two different channels even though I knew golf was on one of them. When I hit the channel change it flashed for a second and then the hockey game was back on. Of course having a couple of beers under my belt at the time didn't help.

I'm noticing new and sometimes unusual things with the new 922 every day.

I've just found this 922 subgroup of threads.

In about 15 minutes of reading, its pretty obvious that the 922 isn't ready for release. Sounds like Dish is beta testing this DVR with general customers.

I have Castle, Law & Order:LA, Hawaii Five-o, and Sanctuary all recording right now... Which means I'm recording 2 OTA and 2 satellite... AND I'm watching Reba off the EHD... All on the 922...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)