Problem Report: Quick Links: My Posts

Have you seen the problem described in this thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott & Staff,
Lately, I have been noticing a quirky issue with the "My Posts" search under the Quick Links on the dark blue menu bar. Selecting it brings up a list of my posts in reverse chrological order (so far, so good), but when I click on the link to take me to one of my posts, the link is not necessarily to the post indicated in the search results.

For example, I participate in the "I love this time of year..." thread. I want to read posts that have come after my post where I said "46?F here right now, but the sun is out and things are supposed to warm up a bit. I've got three days of Corporate training about an hour's drive west of here, so I'm hoping for clear conditions." The link from the "My Posts" search for this post is http<colon>//www<dot>satelliteguys<dot>us/pub-members-bar-grill/63445-i-love-time-year.html#post1357347 If you click on that link (http://www.satelliteguys.us/pub-members-bar-grill/63445-i-love-time-year.html#post1357347) I get taken to the first post of the thread, not the post in question.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the size of the thread (1,968+ posts) because the same thing happens with the "Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!" thread that I post to. It currently has 1,138 posts and shows the same behavior. The thread on "Sci Fi Friday" has 795 posts and the links from "My Posts" work for that thread.

So maybe there is some three-digit limit for the My Post number?

Last edited:
I don't use the "My Post" feature you're talking about (so I voted that way). I don't even know what it is? But, using the "Forum Jump" at the bottom of the page, it does the same thing. It appears to only do it in threads with many pages (unknown how many?) of post....??

defergie, if I use the "Forum Jump", which is currently on "Satellite Guys Operations Center", and I Jump to "Pub Members Bar & Grill", and then I click on the last poster (or the right arrow next to the last poster) in the "Last Post" column, of the thread "I Love this Time Of Year" (and it happens to be the next unread thread in this forum). It will take me to page 1 of that thread and not to the last post of that thread. It will do it in any thread that has many pages, I don't know how many pages it takes to cause this, maybe it's not even the number of pages, but the number of post, which could be up to 20 times more than pages? But it doesn't do this for most threads, only threads with many pages and many many post?

The problem still exists.

Maybe the extra pages viewed in order to eventually get to the last post provides extra advertising revenue.

I think Scott's software upgrade/rebuilding the index has fixed the problem I originally reported. I can now view my posts by clicking on the links.

Thanks, Scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.