Problem: Speaker connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Georgeb

Original poster
May 5, 2006
The problem I'm having is with my Sirius Sportster radio. Does anyone know how to correct a bad connection which prevents both speakers from playing? Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm also beginning to wonder why Sirius is offering a life of a player if the players only work properly for two years.

Georgeb said:
The problem I'm having is with my Sirius Sportster radio. Does anyone know how to correct a bad connection which prevents both speakers from playing? Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm also beginning to wonder why Sirius is offering a life of a player if the players only work properly for two years.

What kind of connection are you using to connect it to the car? Aux input on the head unit if so is it a normal audio jack or are you using a PIE type adapter? Or are you using Fm modulator?

Minorthr,
Thank you for your response. It is not the PIE type adapter or FM modulator; however, the problem occurs when I plug in my unit to both the car docking station and the portable boombox. I can resolve the issue by pushing down on the tuner knob. Occasionally the unit fixes itself, but only tmporarily.

Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio Car Docking Kit - Model: SP-C1
George

Ok well if the problem is happening when you use both the car kit and boombox then the radio is the issue which I'm sure you already figured out. If its still under warranty you could have sirius replace.

You might want to check out siriusbackstage.com and see if this is a common problem and if there is a fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)