Problem transferring some recordings to external drive

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I'm having my Hopper 3 installed tomorrow so last night I transferred all my recordings to an external drive. Everything went fine except I noticed about 8 shows did not transfer. i went to start them again and they don't even show up on the transfer screen. All of them are PTAT recordings from the last week that are in My Recordings. I tried changing the retention period from 8 days to 2. I deleted one of the shows from PTAT. I still can't get any of them to show up on the transfer screen.

I called Dish and the guy I talked to had never heard of this and said he thinks it's a bug with the new UI they're pushing out and they would have someone from corporate call me later.

Any ideas? We can try to watch these shows tonight but a couple of them are new episodes of shows that we're behind on, so we can't watch those yet.

My understanding was that the only way to avoid this problem was to change the retention period on your PTAT well in advance and save them manually. Once they were recorded with an 8 day retention period then you were stuck waiting 8 days to "unlock" these recordings. I lost some recordings as well so I know how you feel. Your tech will offer to let you hold onto your current Hopper to transfer the shows later, but then you have to send it back. I decided it wasn't worth my time.

I changed my PTAT to 2 Day and was able to move all but the last 2 days to an EHD. The last 2 day PTAT icons are on the EHD, but they are empty saying ready to record. You are not allowed to delete the empty ones. I hope they will just disappear in time.

Do not not know what shows you recorded, but if they are recent and you're not ready to watch now then why not first see if they are available on demand. If so, then you need not worry about them not transferring. Just bring over what you can then when ready to watch them in a next few days/weeks you can pull from on demand to watch. I know that sometimes there may be a delay in what gets put online.

I've been here dozens of times and it stinks. I've learned to remind myself: "it's just a TV show...it's just a TV show...there will always be reruns...I hope..." ;)

Thanks guys. I'll try turning off PTAT when I get home and hopefully I'll be able to transfer them in the morning before the installer gets here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts