Problem w/ 110 signal and dp34

mboron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Alaska
Thanks everyone for a great site. I come here often just to read and learn. I have an interesting problem. I live in Alaska, so to get dish 500, I have two 1.2 meter dishes, one at 110, the other at 119, running through a dp34 switch to a 508 receiver. This setup has worked fine until winter turned to spring and the 110 signal faded. This in itself is no biggie, the ground thaws and moves, so with warmer weather I just re-tuned the dishes and the signal strength is back. However, now when I run check switch, 119 always comes in great both polarities, but 110 either just shows CONN or sometimes will come up with either odd or even polarity. If I bypass the switch and hook the receiver straight to the 110 LNB, at the point dish menu, it shows I'm getting 70-80% strength depending on transponders, but the strength bar will not turn green, and shows wrong satellite. However, the kicker is that I know it is the right satellite because my dad who lives next to me shares the dishes and dp34 with me and his systems lock on and work fine so the switch is good and so are the LNB's and the dish alignment. I have replaced ends and checked my cable which is only about 6 months old. I am running about 150' of cable which I know is on the long side, but it worked before. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post but wanted to explain my whole problem. (PLEASE NOTE: My dad and I do NOT piggyback accounts, we just share the equipment outside which dish has nothing to do with.)

There is several threads about this, it is a problem with the version P308 software on the 50x/510 model receivers. It should be resolved when your receiver gets updated to the new P309.
(And no you can't force the update all you can do is wait until it's your turn to get it.)

Thanks for the tip and the heads up about other threads. I found them over in the technical forum. MB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)