Problem with 501

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stevied

Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Tried to use 501 this morning - nothing but top 120- couldn't get locals or top 180 channels. We did have a thunderstorm blow throught last night. Two other receivers in the house are working correctly. Called Dish and they had me troubleshoot by unplugging, check switch, etc. Also had me bring in 301 from Bedroom. It won't pick up locals or top 180 either. They are dispatching out repairman on Sunday. Any suggestions on how to fix myself before the repairman gets here. They thought the problem would be in the cable or the switch. Thanks for any assistance.

if your other receivers work properly, then most likely it is the receiver that is not working correctly or the cable that is going to it.

welcome to satellite guys. glad you are here, don't be a stranger. more technical people will give you some more ideas.

Seeing the 501 and 301 both had problems on the same cable line and you had a thunderstorm I'd look for water in the fittings on that cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)