Problem with 6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boatman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 18, 2003
Houston
Somehow my dish 6000 changed to STRECH mode. How do I change the settings back to NORMAL mode? Thanks for any help.

Are you watching ESPN HD? If so, it will be stretched in not HD programming, which is about 96% of the time.

boatman said:
Somehow my dish 6000 changed to STRECH mode. How do I change the settings back to NORMAL mode? Thanks for any help.

When you say stretch mode, are you you referring to what the banner says in the upper left corner under the time?

If so it will automatically go to normal when the receiver sees HD content. The stretch mode will only be used on sd programming. You can use another (sd only) mode such as partial zoom by hitting the * while on a sd channel. If your on an hd channel and the banner shows stretch then the hd channel is really broadcasting sd not hd.

Thanks for all the replys, the stretch mode was in the left corner of the banner and showing all the time even on HD stuff. I changed remotes and now I can change with the * key. Funny how even the SD stuff was getting stretched. When I changed over to the HTPC, is when I noticed the difference, now all the people are not FAT...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)