Problem with 612 DVR stopping recording

Smitty42

Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Nampa ID
Have been experiencing a problem with our 612 receiver. Talked with Dish Tech support and they said it was a defective receiver and sent another. Same problem occurred on replacement. Notified Dish that I suspect they have a hardware or software issue via email and only get back comments that it could be a "environmental" issue or a neighbor has the same address in their remote and is causing the problem. I explained in my email that I had changed the address when the first problem occurred and checked with my nearest neighbor who is over 500 feet away and they use a IR remote. This problem is very intermittent. Problem is as follows:

Have set up to record a program at 10:35PM for 1 hour (for instance) on tuner 1 and another program to record on tuner 2 starting at 11:00PM for 1 hour.

Both programs stop recording at the same time before the end of the program time varies from 15-20 min into the program. Neither of us stopped the programs and it is next to impossible to stop recording by accident since you have to take many steps to stop recording on both tuners. Other times we have requested to record a program during the day on only 1 tuner and the program stops recording prior to the end of the show. In all cases the unit reports that the program was stopped by USER1.

Since I can not get any "valid" response from Dish was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Never figured out what the problem was but found a solution. My situation: Dish 1000.2 and D500 for 61.5. Old movies early in the mornings on HBO & Cinemax. My recordings would stop at exactly 6:12am. Also on auto tune, which I usually use, everything before 6:12am would be missing when I tried to backup. Noticed that sometimes channels would come from 61.5. Other times from 129. On a hunch I covered the 129 pickup with foil to force receiver to see 61.5 only for HD. NEVER had that problem again. Either the receiver was switching between sats(61.5 129) when same channels are carried on both or Dish is doing the switch. Eventually dumped WA and aimed 1000.2 with single DP LNB at 72.7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)