S105 broke my Sling; what else did it fix or break?

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
S105 hit my box this morning. At first all seemed well. My a.m. timers fired up without a problem and the 922 seemed to be operating fine. I then tried to transfer a folder of shows that previously gave me problems and they transferred successfully. All's well so far.

Then I tried to Sling on my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and received the following message:

"SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please check the internet connection on your phone and try again."

I tried again several times and received the same message. However I was able to connect to my standalone Slingbox Solo without a problem. When I got to the office, when I tried with dishnetwork.com I received the infamous black box that plagued us in prior days that said:

"There was a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Please try again later."

It seems that either it's a coincidence that they are having trouble with the Sling servers again, or that S105 broke Sling. What is everyone else finding about S105? Did it break your Sling? Did it fix anything for you?

I was able to use Sling from my Iphone just now. But I am not at home to check if I am on 105.
So you were able to transfer shows from your EHD without them becoming corrupt?

Yes, I had no problem with four shows that were in same folder. However I haven't tried my other hard drive yet and likely won't transfer over any more until we can dump stuff off the 922 onto an EHD. I don't want to take a chance that the 922's hard drive gets full before Dish releases full EHD functionality. I would still opt for caution and just start with a movie or show that you may be able to record again if the EHD Transfer craps out. Good luck.

Two time already while watching a recorded show and another show was supposed to start recording well it didn't start recording and the screen just went black. While screen was black I couldn't switch channels box was frozen and need to be reset. I'm calling dish tomorrow to complain and ask for DVR credit. Why should I pay a DVR fee if it doesn't even work right. Is there anyway to go back to S104?
Thanks

Two time already while watching a recorded show and another show was supposed to start recording well it didn't start recording and the screen just went black. While screen was black I couldn't switch channels box was frozen and need to be reset. I'm calling dish tomorrow to complain and ask for DVR credit. Why should I pay a DVR fee if it doesn't even work right. Is there anyway to go back to S104?
Thanks

No!! Dish TECH STAFF STINKS

Two years of beta ands this is still not ready for prime time.

Anyone else having any luck transferring shows from their EHD since the S105 update? I am getting my 922 next week and am wondering if S105 fixed this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts