Dish OTA Module - Out of Stock?

radtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Northern Michigan
Hi all,

I was planning to order the OTA (over the air) module for my VIP722K, but noticed it was out of stock on the Dish web site. Is this a common occurrence? Are they ever in stock? If not, I will look for one elsewhere.

Also, I was planning to order a spare remote control, but figured I would wait to order both items at the same time, so as to pay only one shipping fee. Any comments?

Regards,

Ed

I recently (last two weeks) replaced my 622s with 722Ks. (I own all of them and got a killer deal on the new 722Ks, then flipped the 622s on fleabay).

anyway, I checked dish's website and Dishstore for the modules and both had them listed as out of stock. Fleabay was outragiously priced at $55.00 BIN plus shipping.

Ended up going through chat on the Dish site and the CSR ordered them for me. They arrived two days later. cost is $29.99 + $15.00 shipping. The real crappy thing is Dish wouldn't combine shipping on two modules. End cost was $44.99 per module. Still highway robbery considering it was included with the 622 but I do like the ability to record from TWO OTA sources now.

I know they are tough to come by lately. DishStore has been selling them out as quickly as they have been getting them in.

They are going to be in big demand soon with the 922 being released.

They have been listed as out of stock every time I checked, but I called Dish last week and they ordered me one for $30.00 and it arrived in a couple of days. I think the website is giving you bad information.

Now to get the program guide working.

I helped friends with DirecTV install an antenna last Friday. On their HD DVR you enter a Zip code and the guide just works - no extra charges. Oh why oh why does Dish make it harder and charge for the privilege.

But what a DVR

They have been listed as out of stock every time I checked, but I called Dish last week and they ordered me one for $30.00 and it arrived in a couple of days. I think the website is giving you bad information.

Now to get the program guide working.

I helped friends with DirecTV install an antenna last Friday. On their HD DVR you enter a Zip code and the guide just works - no extra charges. Oh why oh why does Dish make it harder and charge for the privilege.

How many OTA's does the D* HD DVR do? :D

Well, I called Dish today. The csa I spoke to could not find the OTA module listed on her screen so she contacted her supervisor. The supervisor said that Dish would no longer be carrying the OTA MT2 module and that I should order it from an outside vendor. The only place I could find it in stock was at Dish Depot, so I placed an order. I received late word this afternoon that Dish Depot had shipped it. That was fast!

Anyway, as far as the 21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote is concerned, I had planned to order it from Dish Network for $19.99 plus shipping, until I found out the shipping was $15. Wow, $15 shipping on a $20 item! I'll pass!

Later, I found it brand new in a sealed box on Ebay for $19 including shipping, so I ordered that too. It also shipped today, so I am a happy camper. :)

Thanks for all your help.

Ed

Claude - Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I read somewhere that there are no longer any new MT2 OTA modules available p/n 162303. I heard that all the modules available today are remanufactured, p/n 178349. Is this true?

Ed

How many OTA's does the D* HD DVR do? :D

I hadn't been monitoring this thread since I posted.

My friends with Direct TV ended up getting all the local Binghamton, NY channels, including the local PBS in HD, and the program guide. I only get two channels - with no PBS and no program guide. In my location I can only get VHF while they get UHF and VHF. The difference is due to hills. I'm on the wrong side of a big one.

So they no longer need D* to carry locals while I really need Dish to do so.

I was a bit confused by many posts on both discussion boards. I had interpreted them to mean that I could pay Dish for locals even though they don't offer them and they would at least give me the guide data. It turns out that is not the case. Unless locals are carried, there is no way to get the guide data from Dish.

Claude - Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I read somewhere that there are no longer any new MT2 OTA modules available p/n 162303. I heard that all the modules available today are remanufactured, p/n 178349. Is this true?

Ed

Apparently some truth to that. I ordered an OTA module from Solid Signal on 3/29 and it was out of stock and finally shipped 4/7/2010. The OTA package box indicated it was remanufactured though the web site did not. :(

I hadn't been monitoring this thread since I posted.

My friends with Direct TV ended up getting all the local Binghamton, NY channels, including the local PBS in HD, and the program guide. I only get two channels - with no PBS and no program guide. In my location I can only get VHF while they get UHF and VHF. The difference is due to hills. I'm on the wrong side of a big one.

So they no longer need D* to carry locals while I really need Dish to do so.

I was a bit confused by many posts on both discussion boards. I had interpreted them to mean that I could pay Dish for locals even though they don't offer them and they would at least give me the guide data. It turns out that is not the case. Unless locals are carried, there is no way to get the guide data from Dish.
I may not understand what you are saying, but I have the OTA module, and the the guide data for the OTA channels I receive, not provided by Dish, shows up on my receiver just like the channels provided by Dish, except in yellow.

The yellow channels themselves are not provided by Dish, but the guide data is. JW is saying that in his case Dish does not carry his locals at all, and therefore he receives no guide data for the OTA stations he does receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)