Problem with 721 software update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marki

Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
My setup is PVR 722/yellow smart card/Dish 500 with legacy dual LNB on Satellite 61.5.

My receiver's software version is L1.73 which is in fact outdated.
I can view subscribed channels with no problem. Unfortunatelly I cannot access them via Guide screen. It gives me error 360 saying that my card needs to be replaced with the new one. Reading other people posts I found out that outdated software causes that problem.
I tried everything: reset, reboot, check switch. Left it turned off for a long time, but it never started software update.

My question is:
Could the reason be that I am trying to download via satellite 61.5, but not 110 or 119? If this is a case, which satellite should I hook up to get software update - 110 or 119?
I called Dish advanced support, but noone there was able to assist me.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know how to fix the problem.

The L1.73 will take the upgrade to the newer L175 just fine. Leave the 721 off overnight. Did it with mine with no problems.

You will have to replace the blue card with a yellow one to get those other channels. Evidently, you can't get any of the movie channels with the blue card anymore. They should replace it for free on an active receiver.

My card is yellow, not blue. I left it overnight but nothing happened. Did yours do upgrade via satellite 60.5?

Thanks

61.5 would not let me download an upgrade. Download was done within 30 min as soon as I connected it to 119.

Yes, you're right - I didn't realize Dish cut spooling software for 721 at 61.5, totally !
I have fresh report for 61.5 - nada for 721.
Is it sign of EOL the nice DVR ? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)