Problem with 722 Receiver

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
My 722 Receiver is locking up on recordings. If I go to the DVR Button and try to watch a recorded channel why another channel is recording, the picture will stay a extended period of time on the Recording Screen(The 1st Screen after hitting DVR Button).

This has been a issue for a couple of weeks and seems to be possibly linked to when I am Recording OTA channels.
All my OTA Recordings are not watchable(pixlating) but it is actually not pixaliting except when recorded. This has happened on 3 different OTA Channels.

What could be going on? I have done several soft resets and several hard resets with no results. It will sorta start working okay but the DVR is slo9w when trying to get to a recorded channel. It will freeze sometimes for 3 min. on the 1st screen after hitting the DVE Button.

Any thoughts? I have L 724

Last edited:
You haven't annoyed any witches lately, have you? ;)

-born in Ouachita Parish. I see the population has about doubled since then.

Well, The recordings are screwed up tonight AGAIN. It says it is recording Celeberity Apprentice but it is NOT. I guess my Receiver has bit the dust.

This is such a weird issue. The recording "part" of my 722 is absolutely corrupt. I did a Check switch with No issues. I have done several resets (soft and hard) with zero success.

Is there anyway to tell if I possibly have a corrupt download from L 724? Lost is a world of Recording.

boba beat me to it, I was going to say it sounded like the hard drive in your receiver is dying/dead.

when i fist got my 722 all the recording functions and the receiver worked fine, after several firmware update/upgrades i lost the ability to record 2 channels/programs at the same time, one tuner recording attempt was garbage pixelated stuff, unable to watch at all. i could manually regain veiwing on the bad channels that were always out of region nyc channels by going to point dish screen and back to nyc channel. then about 4 months ago with a firmware update all returned to normal and all recording functions worked perfectly. Now with another recent firmware update im back to the 1 tuner record, manual reset to even watch any nyc stations. Ive been a computer tech for 30 yrs and have sussed the variables and listened to so much bafflegarb from tech support, Ill wait for the next bug fix when they notice and fix the firmware again, again, quack! Next, never had these problems with the 622, too bad the hard drive died. customer since may 97.

Raymond I've been having the same issue for several weeks now. 722 will either freeze, black screen, or become unresponsive to remote. Frequency is almost daily. Any help woul be appreciated. Was going to call Dish for replacement 722 but after reading the forum, it appears to be a very common issue very recently, maybe related to a software update...
Grid to PM you but not allowed-this is my first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)