Problem with 811 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Puerto Rico
Hi:

Tried all what te manual says but no luck, my receiver can't be power on with the remote. Changed the remote address a few times, did everything possible using the manual, but no luck.The thing is that I can power up my tv with it. I took the remote to a friend house and there it works fine with another 811. Any help? Thanks guys in advance.:confused:

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.

Someone will come along to help soon.

Check to make sure antenna is on back of 811. 811's remote is a UHF--for sat mode only--remote (hence, why it will power on TV, which is IR), and it requires a little antenna (about 6 inches long, plugs in the back of 811, look on back of receiver for where it goes.) If it is there, perhaps move it up or something to see if you can get it to detect signal.

You never said if remote will operate 811 after it is turned on, so I am not sure if this is your problem or not. If remote works to channel up/down, menu, etc. but will not power on 811, it could be another issue with 811. Doubt remote is the issue, because it works on your friend's 811.

If you have a non uhf remote from 301, 311, or other IR Dish Network receivers, you can see if they will power on your 811. Or you could try friends remote to see if it will power on your 811.

In case you're wondering, 811 receiver can receive both IR and UHF signals, 811's remote only transmites UHF for sat mode, so if antenna isn't screwed in or in the correct place--don't forget, back of receiver also has a place for your OTA antenna which looks just like place for remote antenna--uhf signals will not get to 811 and you won't be able to operate it.

Tried

Check to make sure antenna is on back of 811. 811's remote is a UHF--for sat mode only--remote (hence, why it will power on TV, which is IR), and it requires a little antenna (about 6 inches long, plugs in the back of 811, look on back of receiver for where it goes.) If it is there, perhaps move it up or something to see if you can get it to detect signal.

You never said if remote will operate 811 after it is turned on, so I am not sure if this is your problem or not. If remote works to channel up/down, menu, etc. but will not power on 811, it could be another issue with 811. Doubt remote is the issue, because it works on your friend's 811.

If you have a non uhf remote from 301, 311, or other IR Dish Network receivers, you can see if they will power on your 811. Or you could try friends remote to see if it will power on your 811.

In case you're wondering, 811 receiver can receive both IR and UHF signals, 811's remote only transmites UHF for sat mode, so if antenna isn't screwed in or in the correct place--don't forget, back of receiver also has a place for your OTA antenna which looks just like place for remote antenna--uhf signals will not get to 811 and you won't be able to operate it.
No the remote wont work after I turn it on, manually. It has the antenna on the back. I have used a 510 remote and it works with my 811. But with that remote I can't get inside the menu for HD. What the heck it could be, it will be the remote? Thanks:confused:

Is the 510 remote IR or UHF? If its IR then either the UHF receiver (inside the 811) or remote is bad.

It has been my experience that almost all Dish receivers use the same remote codes, so that pressing menu on a 510 should bring up the main menu on the 811, then 6, 1, 5 (I think) for local HDs or 6, 9 for HD setup.

I think a $5 K-mart univeral remote will work for this as well. The receiver must be configured as remote ID 1. With the receiver on, press Sys Info on the receiver and make sure the remote ID is 1. Press "Record" on the 510 remote and it should work.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts