Problem with 95

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

veerg

Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I had DirectTv installed last month. DVR, R15. Sats 101 and 95... 24"X36" dish. The installer said he had good signals on both SATs. But setting up the R15, the set up kept showing two SATs, 101 and 119. (The dish was not aimed at 119). It just would not recognize 95. Finally after many tries 95 showed up. So all was well. 2 weeks later I decided to have the dish moved to a different location. The line of site was clear for both installs. So no signal problem. Another DirecTv installer came and decided to do the R15 set-up again. The same problem came up. Would not recognize 95. Finally it did. I thought there was a problem with this unit. Called DirecTV, they sent me another R15.......same thing again. Tried the set-up routine for one hour, the new unit did not see 95 even for once............any one had problems with 95 ?

Thanks

My guess would be that the dish is not correctly pointed. The international dish can create multiple peaks on a signal meter for the 101 sat, which can cause some problems when it comes to locating the 95.

This problem happened by two installers and two dish locations both with clear line of sites. So th signal was not the problem.

I figured it out . Looks like not many installers are used to installing the international dish.

When you are going through the installation and select 2 LNB Oval dish, the default SATs show up are always 101 and 119. No matter how many times you start the setup and these two SATs show up in the menu for checking up signals etc. If you continue, then it comes back with an error on 119 because the dish is not pointing to it...........The trick is to select 2 LNB Oval dish but only check for signal on 101 and continue to the end. Then exit all the way out......Then start the set up again. This time the menu will give options to check by "satellite", you select this and after one or two scareen, you will get the option of "auto detect"....Then this will auto detect 101 and 95. Continue with your set up till finish. This worked on both DVR's which were giving me a problem....Sorry can't be specific beacuse I am not at home.
As described at the beginning, ou do not see the "auto detect" option with the initial set up.

O.K. In satellite menu set up, at first select round dish. It will find 101 sat. Then you run an auto-detect . It will find 95 sat.........

Every international dish I have installed has been in conjunction with a triple sat and a 6x8 multiswitch. The process is slightly different for those since you have to configure for the base dish first, then auto-detect the 95.

Good suggestion by superyurik about selecting only oval dish which only shows 101. I will remember this next time.....Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)