Problem with _____ ???

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Ok here is my setup. I have a dish for 61.5 and a separate dish for 110+119. 2 lines from 110+119 dish and 1 line from 61.5 go to a DP34. 4 Outputs of DP34 go to 2 dual tuner receivers that all work fine. Added an additional DP34 switch off the 1st DP34. have 3 wires going from 1st one to the second. Here is where the problem begins. I ran 4 wires out of the new DP34, 2 to one room and 2 to a bedroom. I have tried 2 different receivers and both have same problem at either location. It is a dual tuner 522, Tuner 1 sees all 3 orbital locations however tuner 2 does not see 110. I have tried replacing the second DP34 with another but that did not fix. I have tried 2 different 522s and that did not fix it. The wiring is brand new. Could the outputs of the first switch to the second switch be bad? If so why would tuner 1 work for all 3 but not tuner 2? Any thoughts or suggestions I would greatly appreciate. If you need more info please let me know. Thanks!!

You didn't leave the separator on the 522's, did you? A separator will not work with a DP34.

Your symptoms are so bizarre, you have me stumped. Maybe somebody else has heard of similar symptoms. My wag is that the switch matrix in the 522's isn't getting cleared. If you swap the two cables going into the 522s and the problem remains on tuner 2, then it's almost certainly not getting cleared.

You might try unhooking all cables from both 522 tuners and run a check switch once or twice. This will take a long time, after which you should agree when it asks you if you are sure you want to remove known satellites from memory. Yes, you want them outta there! Finally, plug them back into the cables to the DP34 and run check switch again.

It is very bizarre. I am not sure what else to even try or replace? I assume the second DP34 would not let tuner 1 work 100% if something was wrong with the outputs of the 1st DP34. I am going to try running a check switch with nothing connected, will see how that goes :)

Well I tried clearing the satellites from memory and rescanning but still no 110 on tuner 2. I suppose to two receivers could have bad tuner 2?? I am going to try a receiver I KNOW works 100%.

You also might try swapping cables to see if the problem switches tuners...

Cable Issue.. Has to be. Check the connectors all the way from receiver to dish. Look for very small twist of braid wrapped around the center conductor of the connector.. Just look it all over. What you decscribe is almost certainly going to be in your cable somewhere.

if its cable then swapping cables from tuner 1 and tuner 2 and re-running a checkswitch would put the problem on tuner 1.
you could also simply hook your newly run cables to the old switch to see if the problem stays or goes away, this should tell you.
ive seen wierd stuff like this with electrical or grounding issues. sometimes, if cables are grounded twice, or cables leading to one tuner are grounded and cables leading to another are not wierd stuff like this can happen. i would also check the electrical outlets the receivers are plugged in to.

you have two known good dual tuner setups off the first dp34 so connect your suspect 522 to where you have a full functional dual tuner to establish if problem follows your receiver. if it does, make sure it has current software by downloading directly off the 119 with no switches.

If receiver works at known good outlet, then swap the two dp34s so that the second one is first position off of dish. If it has bad input, should cause all receivers to lose 110. if only receiver output is bad, then 110 should pass to second switch and receivers on that switch will pass.

if you swap that sat 1 and sat2 inputs do the problems follow from one input to another? sounds like may be a bad cable perhaps? or even the cables that bridge the two switches may be bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts