Problem with Birdog meter!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rubberneck

Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Nashville
My company installs DISH Network commercially. My office in Nashville uses the western arch; 129, 119, 110 satellites. Other offices in other states, however, need to use the eastern arch for locals; 61.5 72.7 & 77. When they try to use their Birdog meters to align the dishes, it reads "excessive current", and the meter shuts down. They have to run coax and install a DPP 44 switch in order to power the LNB. Does anyone know of a remedy, or, an easier method to continue using the USB+ Birdog. I know we can upgrade to the Birdog Ultra-

Meter reads excessive current when batteries are not fully charged or weak. As per the birdog.tv website: make sure the meter battery is fully charged by disconnecting it for 10 seconds, reconnect then fully charge. You may also hook up reciever to lnb w/o dpp44 switch for powering the lnb.

Thats more or less how we've been "figuring out" how to deal with the issue. Dish Network has to make everything so difficult to keep up with with their technology. Thanks, man, we'll see what happens!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)