Problem with channel 79(HDNet)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZTaylor

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Fairview Hts., IL
Past few months I have been having trouble with channel 79, although tonight is particularly worse. The picture comes in sharp, however there are interittant lines that run across part of the screen. They are typically green lines, but can be any color. Sometimes there are clusters of these lines or patches of them. Its hard to describe, its almost like a digtal distorted line.

I just got off of the phone with tech support, did the usuall unplug 30 seconds and push reset button. We allso checked the transponders, which are in the mid to low 90's exept for trans 23 which is at 78. They are supposed to resolve this in 24 hours, but I want to find out if anyone else has seen this problem and how it was resolved?

All of the rest of my channels are fine.

Thanks

Sounds like some interference of some sort or maybe bad cable shielding, IMHO.

I watched the entire NHL game and some of the Snake Master and have never seen these lines.

I pulled my h10 out of the entertainments center to start unpluging wires to see if it would stop. No sooner I got the receiever out where I could see the wires, the lines disappeared. Guess it was some interference with the way the wires may have been intertwined. Anyway, thanks for the help charper.

Great, if you never pulled a cable then maybe a nearby speaker or A/V receiver is emitting some strong RF signals. Try upgrading your video out cable to a heavier shielding. Let us know how it all works out and what you did.

troubles on ESPN HD

I'm having the same problems...gettingt he searching for sat message...any ideas?

it was the weirdest thing, my system just went through the set-up process without me touching anything...blue screen and all. What's up with that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)