Problem with Dish Remote Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I have no problem at login. Its just that when I want to click on the movies tab it will show everthing as a grid but once I click on "Now", "Today" or "Later" it shows nothing.
I have tried using google chrome, firefox, and internet explorer. I have even tried this from 2 computers but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions or is it just me? Or the website?

I have no problem at login. Its just that when I want to click on the movies tab it will show everthing as a grid but once I click on "Now", "Today" or "Later" it shows nothing.
I have tried using google chrome, firefox, and internet explorer. I have even tried this from 2 computers but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions or is it just me? Or the website?
If you get somewhere with this.. try to take notes and let others know.

Seems several people have issues .. and it seems to be related to the Server you connect through. ie. I am usually on dish8.sling.com ..

I hope this causes Dish to investigate the matter. Myself and others have the same issue but the Dish techs seem to not understand the problem. Please let us know how this comes out.

Still working on it "Speedy" tried different things but still seems not to work. If it will be resolved, I think it will be because of "Speedy", but he get's back till Sunday. I will let you know what happens.

Still working on it "Speedy" tried different things but still seems not to work. If it will be resolved, I think it will be because of "Speedy", but he get's back till Sunday. I will let you know what happens.
out of curiousity ... have you and I played the "hosts file" shuffle? ie.. adding entries into your hosts file to force your connection to a different dishXX.sling.com server?

Sorry for a bit of a hijack, but isn't this app supposed to allow you to watch your DVR programs on another device like an iPhone? When I click "watch" it only controls the TV and DVR and will not show up in the iPhone. Any thoughts onb what I am doing wrong?

Sorry for a bit of a hijack, but isn't this app supposed to allow you to watch your DVR programs on another device like an iPhone? When I click "watch" it only controls the TV and DVR and will not show up in the iPhone. Any thoughts onb what I am doing wrong?
actually ... no.. Dish Remote Access started like others, with the ability to remotely control the DVR functions.. think back to commercial tv .. DirecTv "Held Up" with Dulé Hill & Alan Tudyk ...
YouTube - Held Up?

Bank robbery .. our two actors are on the floor
Alan: Dude don't be a hero ...
Dulé: I'm not, I've got directv so I can set my home dvr from here, my favorite show's on tonight, you know ... in case this turns into a hostage situation ..
Alan: Thats so cool :)
Robber: NO CELLPHONE <crunch>
Dulé: ;) I got it ;)

(lol) directv gets another plug..

Anyway ... so the way you would actually watch on your phone.. is going to dishonline.com .. where you can watch shows like you woudl watch if you went to hulu.com ... or you would get a 922 w/SlingBox or have a 722/622 and use a SlingAdapter. SlingAdapter may support more than those two, you'd need to look on their site.

Anyway.. with the Sling features, you get the ability to watch what you have directly recorded on your DVR, or to watch live TV through your receiver into the adapter. Minimum stated bandwidth is 150k ... reality.. I'd recommend no less than 1 meg even for cellphone watching in case you're in a good area.. plus if you're on a phone that can attach to local wifi networks, you'd be able to go higher speed,, etc..

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. It hardly seems worth anything then. You already have a remote control which can control the DVR. Why do you need another device capable of controlling it?

The app description in the Apple app store says "Take your TV with you. With the Dish Remote Access app, you can watch the same TV you get at home on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere"

Although it does say you need a sling adaptor for certain dvr's.

YES, that is what the app is for but you must have a 922 receiver or a 722/722k receiver with the Sling adapter to watch TV on your iphone/ipad or android phone.
Otherwise all the app is good for is if you need to remotely set your DVR to record a show when you aren't home to do it.

True but the conventional Slingbox will also work with the actual sling player which in my opinion is a much better app
And isn't the sling player stand alone application at a cost of 29 bucks?

And
Thanks for the reply. It hardly seems worth anything then. You already have a remote control which can control the DVR. Why do you need another device capable of controlling it?
.. the YouTube video should have made it abundantly clear .. if you're in the middle of a bank robbery, you'll have a way to set your DVR if you've forgotten to before you left your house..

Now in reality, if you're somewhere else.. and you happen to see that something is coming on tonight, or you're with friends and they say something's coming on or something you shouldn't miss ... and you say to yourself "Self I wish I could access my DVR to set up a recording for *that show* tonight" ...then you would know the value of accessing your dvr with or without the accompanying video ... to be able to set up that recording.. :) I've not used that part yet.. but its nice having it available from any place there is a computer and internet access.

Though I wonder if the wizdom is there with those folks .. to presume they made it easier for slow access people.. like Dialup users, to be able to get in and at least manually setup a timer... which the "manual-ness" doesn't seem to be there. ie. manual recording timer .. but I've got to admit that I've not looked lately for that feature so it might be there.. :)

TG2 said:
And isn't the sling player stand alone application at a cost of 29 bucks?

. :)

Yes the mobile app is $30 and worth every penny.
The PC app is free.

Sent from my DROIDX

For those who were wondering, this should be fixed. I'm waiting on blanquitoman to check his PM's and DRA account to make sure it works (it loaded fine for me when I gave it a try, when it didn't before).

For those who were wondering, this should be fixed. I'm waiting on blanquitoman to check his PM's and DRA account to make sure it works (it loaded fine for me when I gave it a try, when it didn't before).
Any details you could share about what the shaman did to get it working?

I did notice that the DRA now shows V 3.0.3 down at the bottom right side ... I think I saw that friday afternoon. Also noted that either with that, or with my forced update to v1.4.0.115 (previous 1.4.0.111) that there is now an "Auto" setting up there for the quality ... Auto / Good / Better / Best-HD and at first I thought I was seeing lower bandwidth used but subsequent viewings on the "better" setting still saw 7 to 9 megs of in-house bandwidth used.

Any details you could share about what the shaman did to get it working?

In a nutshell, I sent the info to a higher up, who was going to just test it out, and in the process the problem was corrected. Sorry, can't really get any more detailed (since I didn't do most of the work, don't know how much I can share).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)