Problem with Dish - Response from CEO@Echostar?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I called in August to cancel one of my receivers we used in our work out room.

We rarely used it and did not need it.

7 weeks went by and Dish never sent us a box...so I called them again. Finally 2 weeks ago a box shows up at the house.

We take a week to get around to packaging it all up...and no shipping label in the box.

We're busy and after 2 Dish screw ups I'm not exactly jumping to call and talk to "Mary" again about not having a label in the box. Its the holiday week and the last thing on my mind is calling up Dish for their error.

Well they send us our online statement and they charged us $100 for the box because it was not returned.

I call and talk to a CSR and a supervisor and get no where. Wendy tells me she will send me out a new label. I said fine, remove the charge. You would have gotten your box back already had you done what you were supposed to do.

We go round and round for 30 minutes and their response is still the same, we'll send you a label and refund your money when we get the box back.

21 day turn around time. We pay off our card monthly so now since this is in the middle of a billing cycle I need to fork out an extra $100 on the card.

I was pretty pissed about the entire incident...its not like they sent me a box when I asked them and sat on it for months. No box, a return phone call, then a box without a label.

7 days to get me a label, 4-6 days back to them, plus their time to catalog the box and again I have to call them back a third time to get MY money back.

I emailed ceo@echostar.com and ceo@dishnetwork.com since I could not remember which it was.

No response as of yet. Been a customer for 21 months and am tired of the "Well there is nothing I can do", yes there is you just refuse to.

D* has SciFi HD and Speed HD....if their DVR outputs to 2 HD TV's at once I'm getting close to switching.

How has the success rate been in getting a response back from the CEO email?

Well...in the time it took me to write this they wrote back and refunded me my $100!.

I was honestly on the phone with D* when the email came through.

No...I was on hold with D* when the response email came through.

Its a customer service lesson...I never looked at D*, was perfectly happy with my 622 and my service, for the most part, certainly enough not to look.

However after this I went and looked on their site. If D* had a better website and answered their phone calls sooner I might have switched.

SciFiHD and SpeedHD are biggies here. I know their DVR isn't close to the 622 but their pricing does seem better.

Again I'd have to do the math and see which truly would be cheaper.

I'd pick up a few more HD channels I'd watch, a lesser DVR, and probably save a couple bucks.

But no, I won't switch. Had they not fixed it, yes...I vote with my dollar and since the services are similar I would have left in a heartbeat.

I almost left with the supervisor on the phone but thought it better to think out the decision before I canceled on the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)