Problem with DMX741U ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 2, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone can.

I ordered and received a DMX for my 1.2 meter offset dish. Found out I needed the 'horn' for 'C' band so I ordered that. I've been receiving about 8 sats on my Geosat Pro at about 54 degrees north on Canada's west coast, of course all on KU. I took off my Invacom QPH031 that was aimed at Galaxy 25 and put up the DMX. I attached a Digisat III to the far end connection and was suprised to get a 95% signal! I happily raced to the TV. NOTHING! I checked the Digisat by connectiong the Invacom; it's working fine; I get a variable signal of about 54%+ waving it at and close to my dish.
So...I disconnected the DMX from the dish and connected it to the Digisat III. I get a signal of 90% + waving it around. It varies about 8% to where I point it. I then tried the RCV (C band) connection. I get a signal strength from 69% to 75% just waving it around with NO DISH! Am I missing something? I can't find a gain control on the Digisat nor should it need one if the Invacom works correctly. Do I have a broken DMX?

Invacom QPH031 LOF is 10750. The DMX LOF is 9750 and 10600. Did you set
it after putting the DMX on?

No, I didn't change the setting. I guess I should reconnect and try it? It doesn't explain the huge signals on the Digisat III but if this works...fine.

Thanks Long Hair

the DMX also has a DiSEqC Switch, so if you use the jumper cable the C-band
should be DiseqC port 1 and the Ku should be DiseqC port 2. Good Luck:up

No, I wasn't planning on using the jumper. I was going to route the two signals through an external Chieta switch. Then I could have 'C' band on 1 and Ku on another.

is the Chieta switch a 22khz switch? if so I don't think it
will work with the dmx741u.

the reason I say that is because the Universal lof's use 22khz tone to switch
between 9570 and 10600.(I my be wrong)

You are looking for signal Quality reading, signal Strength just show the connection for the receiver to the LNB. Make sure you have a known Active TP selected when trying.

C Band L.O. is 5150

You are looking for signal Quality reading, signal Strength just show the connection for the receiver to the LNB. Make sure you have a known Active TP selected when trying.

C Band L.O. is 5105

you mean 5150?

I mislead you I think. THe Chieta is not a 22khz switch. I planned to take each of the two band lead to a different input on the chieta (it will hold 4 leads) then to my geosat. I thought that 22khz was not operational unless the jumper was used. In my setup it wouldn't be used. The geosat will supply a 22 khz in the lnb setup for each sat but I don't think (?) I need it. Maybe I do, this is a new area for me.

So the Chieta is a DiSEqC Switch? If so you should be ok. On the geosat
you need to set the Ku-band lnbf setting to universal lo 1. 9570 lo.2 10600.
when you do that the 22khz option should be grayed out. Hope this makes sense.
[FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]

[/FONT]

Thanks Long Hair. This will take some time as I'll have to use my Geosat in the house and adjust dish & lnb on my fence; quite a distance from the house. Should be fun.

Thanks again

It would be cheaper moving your geosat and a small tv out to the dish. Or run some
coax from the tv out to a small tv by the dish, that's what I do. work's good and it's
cheap.

Instead of running between my sat dish and TV; I'm considering buying a maxpeak sam meter. Does anyone know if it will work with a DMX741U?

the only meters you are going to have success with are going to have an option to change to lof to 5150. otherwise the meters are junk. in my opinion you can piece together a great aiming rig for cheaper than a real meter. i use a cs 8.1k i bought for 150. and a 7 inch portable dvd player i was given that has video in. i can program all tps i need to identify sats and it was hella cheap.

find a monitor for your reciever and take it to the dish. its the only way to aim.

p.s. i own a dmx741u and gave up on c and ku from it. its so touchy to peak both id rather do other things like buy an orthomode feed and good lnbs. haha.

crackt out,.

Keep in mind that the DMX741 U has a built-in Diseqc Switch:
Port 1 = C Band
Port 2 = Ku
Then being a Universal Ku LNB, there is a built-in 22KHz switch

Get the receiver setup properly, drag a TV ans the Receiver out to the Dish.

There are two models of the LNBF.

1. DMX741 - This model has standard Ku along with C band and uses a 22KHz switch for switching.

The Ku LO frequency to enter into your receiver should be 10750MHz. C band should remain at 5150MHz

2. DMX741U - This model has universal Ku along with C band and uses a DiSEqC switch for switching.

The Ku LO frequency to enter into your receiver should be: Low LO = 9750MHz and High LO = 10600MHz. As always, C band will remain at 5150MHz.

In addition to that, make sure you set the polarization properly on the LNBF. Also, if you have inserted the dielectric plate, go ahead and take it back out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)