Problem with dvr 625

sweetbronxyankee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
My receiver's are not working I have a dvr 625 and two 500 dish receiver's all it does is try to search for a signal, they told me on the phone that will not come out until Wednesday, well not to say I am pissed at the service I have gotten, since I had this problem since Friday and it took me until Monday to get them to realize someone has to come out to fix it. I want out of my contract for this Drv I got about a week ago, can I get out of it? I want to change to direct TV !!!!:mad:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your chaos with the 625. If you really feel you want out of your contract, most customers nowdays have a 30 moneyback guarantee. Meaning you can bail out if you're not satisfied. After the initial 30 days, you're pretty much stuck. Unless you want to pay the early termination of contract fee.

I haven't been a direct TV customer in years but after this experience I may go back, I really like Dish network services but what good is it for me if I can not get my dish to work.:(

Unfortunately, you've discovered the oh-so-wonderful world of "CSR roulette" If you don't like the answer you get from the 1st phone rep, call back until you get someone who can help. All in all, 2 days from the time you placed the workorder to the time a tech comes out isn't too shabby, no offense.

If it was me, I'd give the tech a chance to see if he can correct your problem before you decide to burn any bridges.