Needed Equipment Q...

nosomo

Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
I am located just east of Savannah GA. I am wondering what would be required (dish/switch) to pick up all possible HD channels including the HD Atlanta locals.

I've done some searcing on the forum and I haven't been able to piece this together, so I am wondering if some of you dish "vets" might know the answer.

Thanks in Advance, Mike

Since you posted this in the Dish Network subforum, I'm answering wrt Dish (E*). For all the HD channels available from E* to your location you need a D1000 (or equivalent separate dishes) to receive 110, 119, and 129 orbital slots. You may or may not need an external switch depending on how many receivers you have. (I believe the D1000 has a DPP Twin and a DP dual mounted on it. There is a switch in the Twin that can do all the work for two receivers with up to four indepenent tuners.) The national HD content on 129 is also mirrored on 61.5 and some folks in your area have better luck receiving that sat. (YMMV) however I believe your HD LiL channels for the Atlanta area are on 129 so that will probably make your decision for you.

Open up the revered OTA channel resource www.antennaweb.org and enter your zip code or exact address. The site will return all the OTA channels available to you, frequency, distance, bearing, etc., and give you an idea what OTA antenna(s) you will need for those. In almost all cases it is advantageous to add the OTA capability as in general the OTA picture quality (both SD and HD) is better than what you can receive from the sats. and you will probably be able to receive more channels that way, especially when you're close to a major metropolitan area. Note: some receivers like the 622 only have OTA capabilities for digital signals.

Welcome, BTW...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts