Obsolete DishTV equipment?

I heard the 722s had their hard drive taken out and migrated them to Hopper DUOs which means the DVR service is no longer available on any vip receivers except for 211s which can still be converted to DVR if you hook up an external hard drive to it.

Is this true?

Are 612s being replaced with 722s in case they die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the 722s had their hard drive taken out and migrated them to Hopper DUOs which means the DVR service is no longer available on any vip receivers except for 211s which can still be converted to DVR if you hook up an external hard drive to it.

Is this true?

Are 612s being replaced with 722s in case they die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, that’s not true. You can still record on a 722. They took the hard drives out of ones that had been sent back to Dish to reuse them in the Duos.

Which is just another reason why I think those particular receivers are a joke and a waste of money

They probably won't do that since the last time they created the Hopper 3 was in 2016.
Hmmm, I was at Dish’s booth at the 2015 CES and they had the Hopper 3 and Joey 4K on display. I’m sure there is an archived thread about it.

Okay, not in the Archive (?) but here’s dfergie’s thread from then: Dish Booth CES 2015

What's a Hopper Duo, and when did it come out? I thought the Duos were all older dual-tuner rx's like 322, 625, 222, 722, and that Hoppers have more than 2 tuners.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hmmm, I was at Dish’s booth at the 2015 CES and they had the Hopper 3 and Joey 4K on display. I’m sure there is an archived thread about it.

Okay, not in the Archive (?) but here’s dfergie’s thread from then: Dish Booth CES 2015
I added my hopper 3 shortly after it was available for sale at Dish Depot in Feb of 2016. It might have been shown at the 2015 CES but it didn't get to market till 2016, at least for me. :smug

I saw you were asking about it back in 2015 when it was first announced. But I held off even longer (I really liked my ViP 722) but eventually I got a Hopper 3 even though I didn’t have a 4K TV until much later.

Actually, it was a nice blast from the past to relive the 2015 CES threads, so I thank you for putting that bug in my head! :hatsoff

What's a Hopper Duo, and when did it come out? I thought the Duos were all older dual-tuner rx's like 322, 625, 222, 722, and that Hoppers have more than 2 tuners.
It’s the basically the replacement for the 722 with a Joey 3 for TV 2.
It has the same software package as the other hoppers with less apps, and only two tuners. It’s about 2/3 the size of and resembles a Hopper 3.

I’m surprised you don’t know about it because it’s been out for probably about five years now, give or take

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts