Problem with Ethernet ports

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got this resolved.

If any of you have an HR20 box (mine in particular is the HR20-100) and you want to set it up for ON DEMAND connect the ethernet cable to the TOP ethernet port on your box. The bottom port is currently not activated. After connecting the cable to the top port I was able to connect to DTV's network. Amazing that DTV was switching me between departments for two nights and nobody knew what the problem was except for the tech I got tonight.

Try going to advanced network setup and entering a static IP address within your router's range. Use 255.255.255.0 as the netmask and your router's address as the gateway and DNS server.

As Lou discovered, the top port is the only one enabled. However, I read somewhere that the bottom port can be used as a "passthru" of your network. It acts like an ethernet switch. I haven't tried it yet.

As a quick check, I connected a 4 port switch to the HR20-100's bottom ethernet port. The link light did illuminate, so there's something there. Now to find something that can use it as a check.

Okay, I dug out my old laptop and it didn't connect to my network via that bottom port.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)