Problem with External Drive

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I have an Eagle Consus ET-CSMSU2 hard disk enclosure and a Western Digital WD10EACS Hard Dive (1TB). I cant get my 722K to see the drive, my Windows XP laptop, my Mac Book Pro Laptop, or My iMac.
I wonder what is wrong does anyone have any tips to try, I am bumfuzzled, I shelled out $40 to Dish Network and $35 for the HDD enclosure.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, the 722K, the iMac, the MacBook, or the Windows Machine do not see the HDD.
I can hear the drive spin and the blue light comes on when I turn the power button on the enclosure on.
This drive was previously in a DirecTV HR21-700 in early 2009 until I switched to Dish Network and removed it from the HR21 and put the smaller drive back in.

Bad cable or enclosure connection?

If you can hear it spin and its not clicking it may still be bad.

Pull it out and try via desktop with an internal connection and see what happens. Im just wondering if the ext enclosure has an issue.

If they all don't see it, can you run a test?

Take it out, put it into a desktop that has an available power and connector and see if it recognizes it? If so, then I'd say the enclosure has a bum interface card.

You can even format and do whatever you want with it because when you get it in to an enclosure that works the 722 will just reformat it anyway.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)