problem with HD channels

dirtyzachattack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
live in Grand Rapids area of Michigan - Zip code 49509...

We are having a problem with some HD channels. For example, some channels work, but these channels don't:
A&E HD
UNIHD - Ch. 9427
RAVE - Ch. 9470
EQUTR - Ch. 9471
GLLRY - Ch. 9472
TRESU - Ch. 9473
Anima - Ch. 9474
World - Ch. 9475
Rush - Ch. 9476
- Ch. 9477
- Ch. 9478
- Ch. 9479
- Ch. 9480
- Ch. 9481
- Ch. 9482
- Ch. 9485
- ch 9486

All of those channels don't work... Any suggestions as to what may have caused this, and what I can do to fix it? You're speaking to a dummy :)

Well, I just placed a service call, and someone is going to come out and take a look. He had me go into the point dish option, and point to transponder 18,and I was supposed to get some signal, and I got zero signal.

The error message I recieve is
ERROR - 002
The satellite signal has been lost.
Signal Acquisition in progress. PLease Wait

Channel: 9470
Satellite:129
Transponder: 31

All of the channels you mention are from the 129 orbital location but you might be seeing some of them? Strange.

Do you see ESPN2-9425, NFL-HD-9426, NTGEO-HD-9429, STARZ-HD-9435, HGHD-9461 and FOOD-HD-9462? You did not mention these and they are at 129 as well.

If you don't see these channels either then you are not receiving siganls from 129 at all.

Are you new to Dish? If yes, do you have trees off to your southwest? Are the leaves starting to grow? 129 is off to the southwest and is fairly low. If this is the case, a wing dish pointed to 61.5 (to your southeast) may help. 61.5 mirrors all these HD channels but you won't have your local HD's via satellite when they become available.

The dish may either need to be moved or you may need to cut a few tree branches.

Let us know how your adventure with the Dish technician goes and good luck.

yep, - i ran the check switch, and there is an error with 129...

Strange - I have been with dish since October... It doesn't look like there are any trees in the way, but I could be mistaken..

The tech will be here tomorrow - I'll keep you posted.. thanks for all the help

I have the same sort of issue but it with 2 of the 4 St. Louis local HD channels that are on 118. When I try to tune to FOX or NBC I get the 002 error. CBS and ABC work fine. This is happening on both of my recievers. When I run check switch it shows an error on 118. Did the tech come out and resolve your issue?

I too have had trouble with my hd channels specially during late night hours. When i called dish last night i got an automated message saying that they were doing maintence(sp?) in my area. But it was mainly HD channels at 110 that were not working for me. but i do have trouble with the 129s as well and a tech is coming to check the line of sight and make sure no trees have grown their leaves in the way.

61.5 mirrors all these HD channels but you won't have your local HD's via satellite when they become available.
Is this true for all HD locals? I recently experienced same issues and tech came to my house and set up the separate dish to access 61.5, which is pointed much higher in the sky. All my HD issues have gone away. In Raleigh, we only get two locals...the two biggie stations are independently owned and are still in negotiations with Dish. If they come on board and end up on a satellite I can no longer get, I am going to be so pissed!

Well, I had a tech come out this evening. I was impressed because I was scheduled for service tomorrow between 8 -12, but he called me today (friday) and asked if i was around and if he could just do it now. I of course saidyes.

he came over, and was a very nice guy. he was asking about our house and stuff, so very personable.

turns out 2 things were wrong. one, the dish was way out of alignment. He said the bolts on the dish were loose, which cause the dish to move (obviously).

second, I think it's called an LNB (the white sensor device). One of those evidently were bad.So he replaced that and realigned the dish.

Very happy- He was here for about 20 minutes, and made sure everything worked.

Now later when you aren't home he will come back and rob your house of all the wonderful things he saw while he was asking about your house. :p

Seriously that sounds like he is a good tech who did his job right.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)