Problem with Info on legacy receiver

Franko

Original poster
May 7, 2006
I have an eight year old Model 5000 legacy receiver and in the last year or so the information you can get by pushing the Info button on the remote takes longer and longer to show on the screen. I spent almost 2 hours talking to Dish Network support and didn't get an answer for this problem. I'm getting 89-90 signal strenght on both 110 and 119 on almost all the transponders. Everything else works OK. On my second receiver (model 301) I get a little bit better signal strenght but can get the information in less than 2 seconds.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can further diagnose this problem? I was thinking about getting a new receiver but don't want to spend the money if that won't help my problem.

Thanks,

Franko

The problem with your old 5000 recever is that it is so old it doesn't have enough memory to store the info and must wait to download the info when you ask for it. Your only options are either wait for the info or get a newer recever.

Does that mean that more information is being transmitted? It used to be much faster than it is now.

Franko

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts