Problem with iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak isolated

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I posted in another thread that I was one of the people having problems using particular jailbreak tools with a this iOS and an iPhone 3GS.

While I have not yet found another acceptable jailbreak tool I did at least isolate the problem. It seems that both of the tools I mentioned (redsn0w and ultrasn0w have problems with a particular baseband (of the old bootrom series) and as luck would have it that is my baseband.

If anyone else is having similar difficulties or if you know of a third untethered jailbreak tool for this iOS let me know by PM.

the problem has NOTHING to do with upgrading vs. restoring this is a specific problem for certain 3GS models.

I hope this helps others.

OK this seems to work. Use redsn0w but use the new version 0.9.6.rc11 not RC 9 released after Apple released 4.3.1 or even 0.9.6 rc10.

When it is downloaded start the program then open task manager. Go to processes and find redsn0w. Right click and press set affiinity and hit OK. Then exit. Right click on Redsn0w and go to Properties and then Compatibility set it to run in Compatibility mode for XP with Sp2. Close out. then right click on Redsn0w but run as an administrator. this time it SHOULD go smoothly.

I hope this helps someone other than myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts