Problem with "move"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aldinhopapa

Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
new york
I "moved" to Baltimore area from NYC to get the local channels, but it did not work. When I try to watch locals it says "acquiring satellite signal" then does not connect and nothing can be watched. I believe that there is something to do with transponders (it looks for transponder 27 on satellite 61.5) but am very green to this and could be totally wrong.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks for your help

The Baltimore spotbeam does not go to NYC. SPotbeams only cover a couple hundred miles and that spotbeam has Baltimore, Philly, DC Norfolk VA and Buffalo. So imagine a circle that covers those areas. Thats the spotbeam coverage. You're too far east

The Baltimore spotbeam does not go to NYC. SPotbeams only cover a couple hundred miles and that spotbeam has Baltimore, Philly, DC Norfolk VA and Buffalo. So imagine a circle that covers those areas. Thats the spotbeam coverage. You're too far east
Like Ice said, you are limited to a physical area to receive locals not just changing it on the computer

If you're on EA, you could "move" to Harrisburg, PA, it's not Baltimore but close enough (you get all Ravens road games).
Those local channels are still CONUS, at least till next summer. For your RSNs you get MASN and MASN2 just like in Baltimore.

You could try the DC market. I am not sure if they show all Ravens games, but their HD locals are on CONUS.

True, I forgot DC is also CONUS.

What happens is, you'll get all Ravens games except if the Skins are playing home at the same time as the Ravens do (home or road).

Your best bet is DC.

According to "The List" DC CONUS locals are actually the Harrisburg, PA locals..
Gaak; you're right. TheList! is badly messed up right now for DC locals. The DC locals are below the Harrisburg locals on TheList! and appear to be correct. Both SD and HD are on spotbeam, with the exception of WPXW (our Ion affiliate) which is conus because Ion is a single channel for the whole country. This is probably why the guide for OTA WPXW is still AWOL, and has been since the Digital Transition.

Last edited:
Not to hijack someone elses thread here, but I'm having issues as well. I did a "move" except it will be a real move in the next week. I'm in Pittsburgh and moving to Rochester. I have the Rochester locals in the guide but get the generic "We are aware of a problem..No need to call" message on the local channels. I thought I did my homework and saw that Rochester and Pittsburgh were on the same Spotbeam (9) but I must be missing some piece of the puzzle here.

It isn't a big deal since I really will be moving, it would be nice to have some local programming for the rest of the week until I move. Is there anything I can do, or am I SOL? Thanks.

both Rochester and Pittsburgh are on the same spotbeam for SD channels so it should work
Rochester HD locals are CONUS on 61.5

What dish setup do you have right now? Try a hard reboot (unplug for a minute or so)...sometimes that will flush the system properly

Tried the hard reboot, and got the same thing. I have 625 DVR, Dish 500 so just SD. When I try to go to the locals the Acquiring Satellite screen flashes briefly and I can see the transponder number change from 15 to 27 then the "We are aware of the problem" screen comes up.

Thanks for the info, guys.

So, Harrisburg gives me road games, but if I need all Ravens games I'm outta luck?
Yep, WHP only shows Ravens games when they are forced to (road games). They much prefer to show Steelers games as most everyone in the market prefers them (for obvious reasons).

I did it once trying to go to Cleveland. I got the SD locals off of one sat but the HD locals are on 129 and my wing dish was pointed to 61.5. Got that fixed in March and had them turn the wing to 129 to BBC in HD and "moved" six months later. All is well now. I think that it would be easiest to do it on chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts