Problem With My Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billybill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Last night watching the FOX HD ND/LSU game I was having a lot of problems with pixelation and sound cut outs. There was not a cloud in the sky. I ran the system check and all of my signal strengths are in the 90s except for #23 on the 119 sat which was a 65. I figured if there was an obstruction all the signals on the sat would be lower. Any ideas? I have a 3LNB dish with a Hughes Htl-hd receiver.

FOX HD DNS or LIL?

Did you confirm that is was not a feed issue on FOX's end or the affiliate's?

How is that channel now or since the game?

The Fox East coast feed on ch 88. I have a 3LNB dish. I did not watch the channel yesterday but the signal strenght was @70 while all others are still in the 90s.

I have been having this exact same problem for months now. I have called DTV about 5 times to complain and all they have me do is re-set the receiver. When I called this past Sunday to complain again, I told them I wanted this resolved once and for all. My problem involves all of the local HD channels. I live in the NY area (North Jersey), so I get CBS HD on 80, NBC-82, ABC-86 and Fox 88. It happens on all of those channels very consistently every night. Sometimes it will be fine then all of a sudden, pixelization and sound drop outs. Not a cloud in the sky and all this BS happening. I finally told the girl I have had it and want it taken care of. They said they will set up a service call and take care of it. In fact, as I type this, I am waiting for someone to arrive. They told me WED 1/10 between 4 and 8PM. I am ready to give up DTV and go over to Cablevision. It is BS that I am paying for HD and can't use it. I have to switch over to the regular channels so I can watch and listen without the dropouts.

Frustrated in New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the 2 service guys arrived here at 7:15 and were gone by 7:30. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. Unfortunately, there wasn't any problems for them to see or hear. They said if I continue to have problems to just call DTV and have them send someone out again. So far tonight there hasn't been any dropouts or problems. My signal strength is great, so that isn't the problem. Oh well, lets see what happens tomorrow night.............

I live in New Orleans, and we don't get the HD locals via sat., but I'm having the exact same issue with my SD locals. Last night they were all fine, but as of today I get no locals on my HR20 or my H20. None. Zip. Nada. Nil. The most frustrating part is that they come in fine on both of my two DirecTivos.

As of this writing, I've been on hold with D* for thirty (30) minutes without ever hearing from a human.

I've been with these guys for 8 years now, and I'm getting very close to calling the local Cox cable office.

Anyway, has anyone had any problems receiving locals channles in SD or HD on their H20 or HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)