Problem with new Dish remote control

tpbadgers10

Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
I upgraded to Dish Network HD about 8 months ago, using a Vip622. After the initial upgrade headaches, everything worked great for 8 months. Until last week my Dish remote died. No lights etc, so Dish support sent me a new remote, But now I can't program it to work with my Panasoic TV. After spending hrs with support, they said my TV wasn't compatible with the remote. But the other one worked fine. I can get the Panasonic remote to work with the dish, but I'm limited on what I can do with it. Can't use rewind, record, menu etc. Dish support is blowing me off because they think its the TV. Before I have to get nasty with them, did anyone else ever have this problem? If you did how did you correct it? I know some TV's don't work with Dish remotes, but mine did for a long time. Any idea's/suggestions would be appreciated. I don't expect much help form Dish support.

Could there be different firmware revisions for that remote? Maybe ask them to send a different replacement.
Have you tried having the remote scan for codes (DISH Network -- FAQs). Your TV may still be supported, but under a different code than you used for the original remote.

Could there be different firmware revisions for that remote? Maybe ask them to send a different replacement.
Have you tried having the remote scan for codes (DISH Network -- FAQs). Your TV may still be supported, but under a different code than you used for the original remote.
Yes, I did scans. I plan on asking for another remote. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)