Problem with no info in guide for WBNS 10tv HD

VanMan1987

Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
The problem is... WBNS 10 HD out of Columbus, Ohio in the channel guide it only says WBNS instead of any programs. This was one of the new channels Dish added yesterday. Usually, if newly added it says no info or something like that and if you scroll to end it would then grab a download. Another way is to do a switch check and I did that and it downloaded new info, just nothing for this channel. The last way I know is to wait until the nightly update, it did that this morning. Still just says WBNS across the guide thoughout the hours and days.
Sorry, to ask this here. I just wanted to see if others is having the same problem and a way to fix it. The season premiere of Survivor is tonight, wanted to see it in HD now that since last year it's been filmed in HD.

I know it was being uplinked for months. Just waiting for the signatures.

I figured they were so happy to get it and provide it they just turned it on without assigning the channel to the proper TV Guide info feed.

WBNS still isn't displaying right in the channel guide. If it's still not right tomorrow, I'll fire off a couple tweets to dish and 10tv and see if either of them know when it might be fixed.

-SF

Also try emailing dishquality (at) echostar (dot) com. I've emailed them before about an OTA guide issue I had and it got fixed. You also get a real response back instead of a canned one.

I was able to connect with dish via twitter. The rep. manning the twitter feed this evening responded and called me to get some information on the issue. She opened a ticket with the proper department to try and get it sorted out.

-SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)