Problem with one of the Encore channels

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
I recently switched my package from Dish America to Americas Top 120, but I believe it was like this before the switch also, my channel 340 is Green on the EPG.. but when I select INFO, it shows the lock as unlocked but also shows the UPGRADE icon (green arrow pointing up, I'm assuming that is what it means).. The thing is, when I switched my package, I also purchased the Encore package, Encore (east) is the only one I'm not bringing in.. I never pulled the plug to reset it, but I have held the power button to reset and also done a "check switch" (which I heard will redownload EPG info), nothing has remedied the situation.. I can get pics if needed.

Not sure if it changed, but 340 was not included in the Encore package. It was in the Starz package, the only one to do that. Did you have Starz at any point?

Channel 340 Encore is shown on the DISH site as being in three places, Starz and Encore packages and in the Top250. I also thought Encore channel 340 was in the Starz package not the Encore package but the site says otherwise....

Channel 340 Encore is shown on the DISH site as being in three places, Starz and Encore packages and in the Top250. I also thought Encore channel 340 was in the Starz package not the Encore package but the site says otherwise....
I am thinking you are probably right... But that is something that has changed in the last year or 2.

OK, to be (crystal) clear...

In AT250, you're supposed to get Encore E HD ONLY (no SD), & Encore W
On Starz pkg, you're supposed to get Encore E HD AND SD
On Encore pkg, you're supposed to get Encore W only

Of course, you'll only get the HD channels if you have HD access on your account

Last edited:
Not sure if it changed, but 340 was not included in the Encore package. It was in the Starz package, the only one to do that. Did you have Starz at any point?

Never had the Starz package, only had Starz recently during the free preview they had.

Encore was in my package when I had Dish America (Gold)

OK, to be (crystal) clear...

In AT250, you're supposed to get Encore E HD ONLY (no SD), & Encore W
On Starz pkg, you're supposed to get Encore E HD AND SD
On Encore pkg, you're supposed to get Encore W only

Of course, you'll only get the HD channels if you have HD access on your account

According to the mydish website, the Encore package includes 8 channels.. (340 included), And I have a VIP 722 and HD included with autopay

encore.png

According to the mydish website, the Encore package includes 8 channels.. (340 included), And I have a VIP 722 and HD included with autopay

I see it & understand that...doesn't mean their website CAN'T be wrong; it's happened before. ;)
Maybe one of the DIRT folks can check into this & let us know what's correct...

The weirdest thing, I went and checked my DVR schedule to verify a certain recording I have scheduled because I forgot what time it was on.. Then I went back to the EPG and it showed Encore HD regular (not green), it also shows SD Encore regular too, however when I was scrolling sideways and checking for a program, when I go to 4PM it turns Green on SD Encore but HD Encore stays normal and is watchable now.... WTF is going on with this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)