Problem with Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK and Wii

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
A friend of mine just bought a Wii. He has a Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK EDTV. His Uverse box is hooked up with component. It works fine. His DVD/VCR is connected with composite. It also works fine. Due to the lack of inputs on the TV (1 VGA, 1 Component, 1 composite/svideo) The Wii would be connected through the DVD/VCR combo. The problem he's having is the picture from the Wii is slightly distorted, and the text and other images are very difficult to see. It looks like the white is just blasting out of the screen while drowning out anything else on the screen. Especially text. Since he only has 1 TV, I took the Wii to my house to test it and make sure there wasn't a problem with the Wii. It works fine on my TVs. It also behaves the same if I connect it directly to the TV, bypassing the VCR/DVD, so I know that's not the issue. The odd thing is, when you change screens on the Wii it does it's fade out effect, and at the end of the fade out it looks great, so it seems to me that the signal is overdriving the TV. Anyone have any ideas?

No, Ive not see that when I had my wii on a panny, but it was connected via component. When you say its connected via the DVD/VCR combo, what do you mean?

Has he tried component and composite direct?

Here is another idea for the limited connection room.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/40324-3-Play-Component-Digital-Selector/dp/B000AM3U2I/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280580591&sr=1-5"]Amazon.com: 40324 - 3-Play Component Video Digital Audio Selector: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21Fer-VsWIL.@@AMEPARAM@@21Fer-VsWIL[/ame]

No, Ive not see that when I had my wii on a panny, but it was connected via component. When you say its connected via the DVD/VCR combo, what do you mean?

Has he tried component and composite direct?

Yes. Perhaps I wasn't very clear when I wrote it. I tried connecting it directly to the TV and also through the DVD/VCR combo. Since the TV has very few inputs, the only solution for him would have been to either connect it through the DVD/VCR or buy an a/v switch. The reason I mentioned it, was to show that I had tried to connect it directly with the same result. As far as component goes, he's not connecting with component. He's only using the normal composite connections that come standard with the Wii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts