Problem with pansat 2700a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Well, it seems that i overloaded my pansat 2700's memory with too many tp's, the same as the fortec ultra will do.

After blind scanning every sat i can see (both c and ku band) I started seeing some strange things appearing in my antennae setup screen. Wierd stuff started to appear on previously set up satellites, like diseqc position would be changed from # 4 and set at #78, lnb type would be changed from standard to single stacked, positioner settings going awry, etc.

Then last night every time i went into the antennae setup screen and highlighted amc4 the pansat would reboot :-( So i went thru and applied the same fix that is used for the fortec, I deleted a BUNCH of transponders off of my transponder list and now it all appears to work fine :-D

Hae anyone else ran into this problem with a pansat 2700?

dang....

How many TP's were in there?

I know the 3500 is like a 2700 and I havent been able to duplicate it

Never had that issue with my 2700, even with all the $ E* cr*p that gets scanned in everytime I scan 110 or 119 or even a close linear bird. Strange...

It does seem from Iceberg's 3500 review that many of the 'classic' Pansat problems have been fixed on that receiver though... I do see one in my not-so-distant future :)

Well i spoke too soon as far as the fix goes, and probably what the ultimate problem was as well. 30 minutes after i posted the above I was no longer able to get into the antennae setup screen. Every time i tried the Pansat would reboot. grrrrrrrrrr time to do a factory reset :-(

In replaying recent events in my mind, i remember that about 2 weeks ago the pansat was inadvertantly shut off while saving data from a blind scan (power loss due to windstorm). I think that corrupted something in the channel/ satellite lists which caused my problem, and it just took a while for me to notice it.

On the plus side a factory default fixed the problem, on the minus side i now have to re scan everything (30 sats, some both c band and ku band). Guess i know what i will be doing all day :-(

The one bright part of this is i am still using my analog reciever to move my BUD as i havent been able to hook up the vbox yet. So at least i didnt lose all my sat positions :D.

So i guess i learned a valuble lesson, after today i will be using a channel editor to back up my channel lists.

BTW Iceberg, i am not sure how many tp's i had stored in the pansat total, several sats had 40+ tps for c band, and 40+ for ku band (due to multiple blind scans of the same sat). I know i deleted at least 300 tp's yesterday, with a LOT left in the pansat when it finally choked.

drhydro said:
The one bright part of this is i am still using my analog reciever to move my BUD as i havent been able to hook up the vbox yet. So at least i didnt lose all my sat positions :D.

So i guess i learned a valuble lesson, after today i will be using a channel editor to back up my channel lists.

The positions are stored in the V Box and not in the Receiver, in the receiver only are stored the Nr. of the Satellite.
It,s easy to back up on the PC

Status
Please reply by conversation.