Problem with pansat 2700a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Well, it seems that i overloaded my pansat 2700's memory with too many tp's, the same as the fortec ultra will do.

After blind scanning every sat i can see (both c and ku band) I started seeing some strange things appearing in my antennae setup screen. Wierd stuff started to appear on previously set up satellites, like diseqc position would be changed from # 4 and set at #78, lnb type would be changed from standard to single stacked, positioner settings going awry, etc.

Then last night every time i went into the antennae setup screen and highlighted amc4 the pansat would reboot :-( So i went thru and applied the same fix that is used for the fortec, I deleted a BUNCH of transponders off of my transponder list and now it all appears to work fine :-D

Hae anyone else ran into this problem with a pansat 2700?

dang....

How many TP's were in there?

I know the 3500 is like a 2700 and I havent been able to duplicate it

Never had that issue with my 2700, even with all the $ E* cr*p that gets scanned in everytime I scan 110 or 119 or even a close linear bird. Strange...

It does seem from Iceberg's 3500 review that many of the 'classic' Pansat problems have been fixed on that receiver though... I do see one in my not-so-distant future :)

Well i spoke too soon as far as the fix goes, and probably what the ultimate problem was as well. 30 minutes after i posted the above I was no longer able to get into the antennae setup screen. Every time i tried the Pansat would reboot. grrrrrrrrrr time to do a factory reset :-(

In replaying recent events in my mind, i remember that about 2 weeks ago the pansat was inadvertantly shut off while saving data from a blind scan (power loss due to windstorm). I think that corrupted something in the channel/ satellite lists which caused my problem, and it just took a while for me to notice it.

On the plus side a factory default fixed the problem, on the minus side i now have to re scan everything (30 sats, some both c band and ku band). Guess i know what i will be doing all day :-(

The one bright part of this is i am still using my analog reciever to move my BUD as i havent been able to hook up the vbox yet. So at least i didnt lose all my sat positions :D.

So i guess i learned a valuble lesson, after today i will be using a channel editor to back up my channel lists.

BTW Iceberg, i am not sure how many tp's i had stored in the pansat total, several sats had 40+ tps for c band, and 40+ for ku band (due to multiple blind scans of the same sat). I know i deleted at least 300 tp's yesterday, with a LOT left in the pansat when it finally choked.

drhydro said:
The one bright part of this is i am still using my analog reciever to move my BUD as i havent been able to hook up the vbox yet. So at least i didnt lose all my sat positions :D.

So i guess i learned a valuble lesson, after today i will be using a channel editor to back up my channel lists.

The positions are stored in the V Box and not in the Receiver, in the receiver only are stored the Nr. of the Satellite.
It,s easy to back up on the PC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)