Problem with switch detected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twarner

Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
North East
having trouble with a commercial set up, here is what I have
Building A has a Dishpro with 40 feet of cable running to a switch. That switch has 2 receivers hooked to it and then 140 feet of cable going to building B and another switch. That switch has 2 receivers hooked to it with maybe 30 feet of cable. This set up worked fine for a long time then stopped working. We assumed that the cable running between the building was damaged during recent construction so we ran two new cables but we still cannot get the two receivers in building B working. Only one will work at a time either by running 1 wire to the receiver out on switch A or only haveing the 1 receiver hooked to switch B.

This is what I have tried with no luck
Hooking both receivers to switch A receiver out
Using a signal amplifier with the above solution and also between the 2 switches
I have three switches so I have also swapped them around with no luck either

The odd thing is that when I am using the two switches one TV in building B will work and the other will get a switch error, if I swap the 2 cables going between the 2 switches the TV that was working will get the error and the TV with the error will work

These are all 311 receivers

Sorry for such a long post I was trying to get as much info in as I could
Thanks in advance for any help I can get
This one is making ne crazy!!
Tom

I did try it that way with no luck, just the one receiver will work. At one point building A had 4 receivers and building B had 2 that is why there was at one point 2 switches.

I found an end that was not crimped good so I redid that connection.The receiver was still getting the switch error, after reading in a few different posts to try a check switch several times i gave that a try and it is now working.

Thanks for the help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)