Problem with timer on 622 -- has anyone seen this?

multnomah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Portland, OR
Last week I set my 622 timer to record a program on TV5 (channel 731, satellite 118.7). It appears in 'My Recordings' correctly when I press 'Info' but when I go to watch it I get another program on a different satellite (MGM, channel 385, satellite 129). Same times as the program I wanted, wrong channel and wrong satellite. As luck would have it, this was the concluding episode in a mystery series, the one that ties together all the loose ends, and TV5 is not planning to run it again.

This is the first problem I have had with the 622 in four years. I am on L633 release as of today, but I don't know whether L633 was operating last week or not. The problem has not occurred again. Should I just consider it a fluke and not worry about it?

I would say it is a fluke, I have had this happen, but with the OTA tuner.

I would unplug the receiver, wait a minute or two and plug it back in. Then see if it happens again.

Last week I set my 622 timer to record a program on TV5 (channel 731, satellite 118.7). It appears in 'My Recordings' correctly when I press 'Info' but when I go to watch it I get another program on a different satellite (MGM, channel 385, satellite 129). Same times as the program I wanted, wrong channel and wrong satellite. As luck would have it, this was the concluding episode in a mystery series, the one that ties together all the loose ends, and TV5 is not planning to run it again.

This is the first problem I have had with the 622 in four years. I am on L633 release as of today, but I don't know whether L633 was operating last week or not. The problem has not occurred again. Should I just consider it a fluke and not worry about it?
Yeah, L633 is still the current software. Don't know when they'll release a new update though. https://rweb.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/softwarelist.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)