Problem with Transponder (110) c-12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Hey Guys could use a little help with a problem I'm having getting a signal on Satellite 110 Transponder C-12. Had Directv send an installer back and put a larger mast (3 feet) in the dish, Still can't get a signal which means I con't get channel 74 UHD. Don't seem to have a problem on any other transponders. Could it be that the dish is not aligned properly or perhaps I may have a tree blocking the signal.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Do you get all the other channels from that satellite? i can't see getting all but one transponder, but i am not having any issues with UHD if that helps.

Directv user said:
Any insights would be much appreciated.

If you are receiving other transponders correctly, then it shouldn't be a case of a blocking tree.
I had a similar problem once here. One of the PLLs in the receiver's tuner was dead. Some of the frequencies weren't working while others were ok. Can you confirm that by trying the same transponder on the other satellites?

If you confirm this, you may have to call for a replacement receiver.

I'll give it a shot. Whats truely confusing is that sometimes during the day I'm able to get a signal from that transponder, never at night. I know its not the box (h10) because they sent me a replacement (RCA) and I had the same problem.
I'm gonna check out the test channel and see what kind of message I receive.

Thanks for the input.

The message I get is: Test 4 SAT C (110) Even Txp 18v

Does anyone know what this means ?

Now what ??

It seems the box is not the problem and the dish is aligned correctly !

Very Frustrating !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouble with Signal for SBTN 95sat

new birds go up, when? and what channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)