Problem with tuner 3

grhopper

Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Louisiana
I have a 2 hopper/3 joey setup. On both hoppers, when I need to use tuner 3, I get a lost signal message. The other tuners still work and have signal on all channels. Is there anything I can do to boost the signal so all 3 tuners will work? Prior to upgrading to the hopper I had 4 dual tuner receivers with a dpp44 switch. The installer removed the dpp44 and took it with him. Would having the dpp44 help my signal?

How exactly did he hook up your Hoppers? Did he use a dual node with connections to all three LNBs?

Your old LNB could be DP instead of DPP, if that is the case you will have lots of problems. What does the check switch details screen show? (press yellow, diagnostics, point dish)

Your old LNB could be DP instead of DPP, if that is the case you will have lots of problems. What does the check switch details screen show? (press yellow, diagnostics, point dish)

Node: Duo
Switch: Dpp 1k.2
Reception Verified

For all 3 inputs it has:
Device DPP 1k.2, 4 ports
Port1 1k.2 119 Even, Odd
?Port2 1k.2 110 Even, Odd
?Port3 1k.2 129 Even, Odd
?Port4 No Connection

It's very overcast right now and about to storm, but my current signal strength readings are:

110 119 129
Tuner Input 1 66 70 39
Tuner Input 2 66 69 37
Tuner Input 3 0 0 0

Tuner 3 is the highest frequency signal and uses about 2250 to 3000Mhz I think. The wire between the node and the Hopper has to be good wire rated to 3Ghz or it will drop tuner 3. Have you checked the wire from the node to the Hoppers? If it's good wire then I would try replacing the node.

Tuner 3 is the highest frequency signal and uses about 2250 to 3000Mhz I think. The wire between the node and the Hopper has to be good wire rated to 3Ghz or it will drop tuner 3. Have you checked the wire from the node to the Hoppers? If it's good wire then I would try replacing the node.

?What can I use to test the wire?

I had the same problem with a 2H/1J setup on a duomode. The problem was a bad crimp on a connector. Give each a strong yank and see if it seperates.

Is it new wire? See if you can read any specs on the wire and see if it says 3Ghz.

The cable does have 3.0 Ghz on it, with a 12/22/2008 date printed on it. I moved the cable from the 3rd input position of the node to the 2nd input position, and now it looks like tuner 2 is giving problems. I can't check the point dish settings during prime time anytime, so I'll have to test it later tonight, or in the morning. Could the problem be with the LNB, or is it most likely the cable?

The cable does have 3.0 Ghz on it, with a 12/22/2008 date printed on it. I moved the cable from the 3rd input position of the node to the 2nd input position, and now it looks like tuner 2 is giving problems. I can't check the point dish settings during prime time anytime, so I'll have to test it later tonight, or in the morning. Could the problem be with the LNB, or is it most likely the cable?

Hmm... If it was the LNB, and if I'm thinking right, you would have a problem with all the tuners on whatever sat position isn't working on the LNB. Same if it was the cable from the LNB's to the node.

With both Hoppers doing the same thing and because you already have 3Ghz wire from the node to the Hoppers, I'm thinking it might be the node. Maybe. :)

Just tested the point dish, and had a signal on all 3 tuners on all 3 sat locations. Tuner 3 is being used for my locals. I put tuner 1 on comedy central (107), opened picture in picture and swapped pictures and tried to tune Tuner 2 to WGN (239) and got the following error #004:

To change channels, press GUIDE to select a different channel. If you continue to see this messagem press the front RESET button. Signal Code: 11-12-11

?Any idea what the signal code means?

Code means you're not getting signal on this tuner. Since you were having problems on other tuner after swapping the cable it's either cable from lnbf to the node or bad port on lnbf.
There is also a chance that cable is connected to lnb in port on lnbf.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Moving the cable and the results you got are exactly the test we did to find the bad connector... you're on the right track; something wrong with the cable.

Recordings list bug?

does dishnet broadband internet have it's own satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)