Recordings list bug?

gizmo2112

Original poster
Aug 23, 2013
Missouri
We've noticed lately that if we scroll through our recordings list, we can only get so far before the screen goes black then dumps us back out to live TV. This happens on the Hopper (no sling). On the Joeys, we can continue to scroll, but when we get to the point the Hopper would have stopped, tiles will be missing or we'll see duplicate tiles. If we switch the order of the list from DVR Date to A-Z, then we're able to scroll through everything without issues. Is this a known problem? It seems like software to me since we can work around it just by changing the sort order.

I've seen that behavior when scrolling through a very long list of scheduled events under a timer. For example, imagine a "Deadliest Catch" marathon where they're showing it every hour for 1-2 days straight. You'll have dozens and dozens of timers (even if they're all skipped) in the "Timer schedule" screen. If you scroll through that list by holding down the down-arrow, it will dump you to live TV. If the timer schedule only has 3-4 (not sure what the threshold is) events, it does NOT occur. This problem has existed for a few software versions now....

I find that sometimes when in the Daily Schedule or Timers list it will go blank, pause, and I have to restart the search.
This is like with the 722, every half hour it would put you back to square one on your search.
This is less frequent, I guess.
In the same way, the 722 would jump in guide-viewing mode on the half-hour guide update even if not at the earliest time.
-Ken

I've seen that behavior when scrolling through a very long list of scheduled events under a timer. For example, imagine a "Deadliest Catch" marathon where they're showing it every hour for 1-2 days straight. You'll have dozens and dozens of timers (even if they're all skipped) in the "Timer schedule" screen. If you scroll through that list by holding down the down-arrow, it will dump you to live TV. If the timer schedule only has 3-4 (not sure what the threshold is) events, it does NOT occur. This problem has existed for a few software versions now....

My timer list finally stopped doing that recently. I have version 316, but I would've sworn that it still did it for a while after I got 316. Maybe it's related to the number of items on the list, because I switched a few timers from "all" to "new" recently now that I've caught up on the episodes I missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)