Problem with tuner 3

Well, you could aways buy the switch yourself to see if it fixes it. Dish is not going to send you a switch, which costs them money, just in case.... ;)

It would be cheaper for them to send me a switch and let me change it out than to send a tech guy out.

They won't and shouldn't send you a part to fix yourself. Dish is liable for your system so they will take care of the service themselves.

I had a tech come out today, and he said the problem turned out to be a bad LNB. I thought that would cause me to lose all channels from one of the satellite locations, which wasn't my problem. The tech said that it takes 2 good inputs to run a single hopper, and 3 to run a dual. He changed the LNB part of the dish, and all seems good now.

The lnb has 3 outputs. Each output can feed 2 tuners. One on 950 to 1450 amd the second from 1650 to 2150 Since the hopper has three tuners you need to feed two of the inputs into the solo node. The solo node then puts that third tuner on 2500 to 3000ghz so you can feed the hopper using one cable. If one of your outputs from the lnb went bad your losing one of the hoppers three tuners at the node.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Recordings list bug?

does dishnet broadband internet have it's own satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)