Problem with upgrade from hopper to Hopper with sling

Zepfb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
Mass
I have been a hopper user for over a year and just recently update to hopper with sling. I'm trying to view live TV and MY DVR on a Android Samsung 10.1 note tablet. The problem is Dish Anywhere only sees my old Hopper that I returned a week ago. I have been on with the CSR and have down the power everything down routine, Hopper, Joey, Network many times. Reload Dish Anywhere on my android many many times.. It still only see my old Hopper

I have an Android HTC ONE phone running kit Kat and the same problem

However when I run Dish Anywhere on my Window 7 PC is work great. I would like it to run on Android... I hate apple products and don't want to buy one to get this to work

It's a known problem. I just upgraded from the 722 and couldn't get it to see the HWS. Solution until they release a fix is to find a copy of 3.1.16 and install it instead. Luckily I still had a copy in a full backup. 3.1.16 refreshed correctly and showed the Hopper. If I updated it probably would be okay now but 3.1.16 is working so well I haven't.

Last edited:
JudyH

Thanks for sharing, I was able to find a 3.1.16 version of dish anywhere on the Web, then loaded on my Android tablet and it works great... Its kind of frustrating being on the phone with Dish for hrs about this known problem, when its only a 5 minute fix.. Hopefully others will benefit from your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)