Problem With VH1 HD

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
Anyone else having a problem with a thin line in the center of the picture on VH1 ? I haven't had this on any other channel. Thanks, Mike

I never watch VH1, but I just switched over to see what you're talking about. It does appear the image is split and shifted on a horizontal line in the middle of the screen. This was noted even during commercials.

Once in a while some of the Voom channels used to get goofy like this. Unless it's coming from VH1 themselves, a report to d i s h q u a l i t y @echostar.com should get it straightened out. Funny that they haven't noticed it themselves though; I thought they monitored all their channels. (When it happened to Voom it tended to be in a less-noticeable spot, like the first or last few rows.)

Anyone else having a problem with a thin line in the center of the picture on VH1 ? I haven't had this on any other channel. Thanks, Mike

I was seeing this the other day. It looks like the picture is 'torn' right around the middle of the screen (horizontal line).

The channel has had this problem for over a week now. A few months ago my local CW HD in NYC had the same problem, but Dish fixed it faster than this. I guess no one watches or cares about VH1. I bet if they were still airing Megan Wants a Millionaire it would have been fixed by now.

Monitoring does mean watching

Once in a while some of the Voom channels used to get goofy like this. Unless it's coming from VH1 themselves, a report to d i s h q u a l i t y @echostar.com should get it straightened out. Funny that they haven't noticed it themselves though; I thought they monitored all their channels. (When it happened to Voom it tended to be in a less-noticeable spot, like the first or last few rows.)

They do monitor all the channels but that doesn't mean that someone is there watching it. What triggers there action has to be video drop out that triggers an alarm then they look up at which channel it is that triggered the alarm. Then they will call the provider. A line down the middle will not trigger the alarm. That just means that something is out of sync but video is still present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts