Problem with VIP222 but not with 811

abo321

Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
California
Hello
My current setup is Dish 500, DP34 swith, 1 811 Receiver connected to 1 TV - Everything works fine

I upgraded to VIP222 Receiver - Rest everything is the same

The only difference is that on the back of the receiver rather than have the wire from call connect to Sattelite In (on 811) - ther is a switch of some kind. Input of which is the wall connection and on the side - 3 wires connected to 2 Satellite IN on 222 and 1 to for 2nd TV connection.

I am having trouble with this - some chanels are fine. But every now and then for some channel it says Attention 015 - Looking for signal or something and then it says unable to find the signal. Happens sometimes on 118, sometimes on 110

Any thoughts on what the issue might be. Is it a bad DP34 or is not compatible with 222. Someone said you need to move to DP45.

Not sure what's going on and puzzled since everything works with 811. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

That thing on the back of the dual-tuner receivers (such as your 222) is called a "separator". It requires a DishPro Plus switch which your DP34 is not. You can fix this either with a DPP33 (cheapest) or DPP44 (expensive) or by running two wires (one for each tuner) to your new 222.

By the way, you are missing an awful lot of HD channels with a D500+ antenna... If you get a D1000+ for 110/118/119/129, then you would need that pricey DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts